Saturday, September 27, 2008

FALL PARTY AT MY GRANDPARENT'S HOUSE!!

Today the girls were out of school so we decided to spend the day at their great grandparent's house. We had so much fun with them! They fed us lunch and then the festivites began....
We made caramel apples. We had never done this before and we really had a lot of fun doing it. This may become a yearly tradition...


As soon as they were done with their own apples, off they ran to the next project somehow leaving me to finish dipping the rest of the apples...
My mom brought pumpkins for all of them to decorate with paint and they loved doing that, so outside we went...the weather was absolutely gorgeous! We were so glad that the weather was actually hot outside because Drew ended up playing in the water hose and had quite a fun time doing so!



The finished products...each one knew exactly what they were going to do on their pumpkin!

Once we destroyed my grandparent's house, had brownies and ice cream, and had yummy pumpkin sugar cookies that Alison made...we left! Yes, we did try to clean up my grandparent's house and at least try to put it all back together again!

My girls ended the day by going to their Aunt Ashley's house to eat dinner and carve pumpkins. She made Alexis' favorite dinner and then they carved the pumpkins and then made cookies for dessert. (I didn't get any pics because I wasn't there...although she did tell me that Isabella wouldn't carve her pumpkin because she wouldn't put her hand inside of it because it was disgusting!!) They seemed to have a great time there!!

With the girls were with Ashley, I got to go on a date with my favorite person, my hubby! We met some of our friends for dinner and had a great time with them.

Randy has been on vacation this week and I have really enjoyed him being home and getting to spend so much time with him. He usually works a lot of hours during the week (and doesn't usually get weekends off ) so we have enjoyed getting to eat dinner together as a family every night this week!








No comments: